Before beginning, we need to know what peptides really are.
Peptides are produced by the body and are threads of amino acids that are the building blocks of proteins; however, proteins have more amino acids than peptides.
Peptides that are produced in labs are made to look like those which are produced in the body and many of the peptides that are produced in the labs are used for health and medical purposes.
They are used in medications as research has shown that they could benefit the skin, muscles, and weight which is why many companies have started using peptides in their products.
Many times when peptides are used in supplements, they are sourced from plant and animal sources of protein like eggs, meat, milk, soy, fish, lentils, wheat, beans, oats, and other such food that are high in protein.
What are the uses of peptides?
Different peptides play a different role in your body and each has its use. Some of the different types of peptides and their uses are:
- Collagen peptides make proteins that are found in healthy skin, this helps in the anti-aging process.
- Also, in the skin, there is an antimicrobial peptide that helps in making melanin in the skin. There is also another type of antimicrobial peptide that can be used for hyperpigmentation. The antimicrobial peptide also helps the body fight off bacteria and heal wounds on the body.
- Peptides have also been used in skincare products like lotion, creams, face masks, and serums. The copper peptide helps the mode make collagen and elastin and they also act as antioxidants that aid in the process of skin repair.
- Different peptides are used in supplements like pills and protein shakes to build muscles, boost weight loss, and much more.
- Creatine peptide is used for building muscles
- Ipamorelin is used in supplements that claim it helps in losing weight
- Follistatin claims it can help in muscle gain as well as weight loss
- Some peptides are used in medications for type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and much more. These have been approved by the FDA and are used to help people with their illnesses.
What are the benefits of using peptides?
Some of the reasons why people use peptides are:
- It lowers high blood pressures
- It reduces inflammation
- Helps to prevent the formation of blood clots
- Slows down the aging process
Peptides can be very useful in terms of health-related matters and many supplements are sold to cater to different health issues. You can buy peptides online from various sources.
Peptides are to be consumed as per instructions on the packaging or as directed by your physician or doctor. Timings and dosage vary depending on the type of peptide which is why it is very important to know everything about it before consuming it. Following instructions would always benefit you and ensure you stay in good health. Be sure to seek direct assistance from experts to avail more information about this topic.