Healthy

Mold Symptoms

Mold is hidden all around, on basement walls, around your windows, on the ceiling, in the bathroom and any other place in your home where moisture is present. This mold can cause some health problems so it’s important for you to understand this and remove mold as soon as possible. This is basically a fungus which produces tiny spores. They can contain spores of irritants and allergens and are so tiny that it’s impossible to see them with a naked eye. Once we inhale them, mold can irritate your eyes, nose and throat. As a result of this you can cough, have troubles breathing along with a whole list of allergic reactions.

Symptoms

Infective diseases caused by mold can occur with people suffering from immunological problems. For some kinds of mold it’s known that they can cause infections to those people who have a weakened immunological system. These kinds of infections can have an effect on eyes, skin, lungs and other organs. Exposure can cause a lot of mold symptoms. Sensitive people who have touched or breathe in any kind of mold can quickly show allergic reactions such as sneezing, nose leaks, teary eyes, skin rash and dermatitis. Mold can also cause asthma attacks with persons who are allergic to mold, along with difficulties breathing and chest pain. In extreme cases, ammonia can also happen.

Dealing with Mold

Mold spores are invisible to the naked eye, but it’s possible to spot their nesting up on the ceiling or furniture, especially if you don’t do proper cleaning. Stale stench and presence of stains on walls, floors, windows and carpets are easily noticed as well.

A tiny bit of mold can simply be cleaned with detergent and water. Rough whiteners are not necessary. In order to avoid breathing in the mold spores, use protective mouth equipment. It’s crucial that you pinpoint the cause of the mold to settle down so that you can effectively avoid any further mold issues. The best way to prevent this from happening is to simply eliminate it! Make sure that all damages done to your walls or furniture that can help moisture to settle down are solved. Water can soak up carpets, walls, furniture and create a perfect environment for mold to settle down as well.

Ventilate your rooms often as this helps to reduce the moisture level in your room’s air. You can also use a de-humidifier but be careful with it as you don’t want air in your room to be too dry as well. Clean and disinfect any and all climate devices and other utilities that use water as a working medium. Improve the overall hygiene of your room and don’t forget to clean under and behind the bed as well. If you notice mold grouping up on your wall, be quick about it! It will spread quickly, causing you to experience more health issues over time, which is something you would want to avoid at all costs.

About the author

Rani Vyas

Rani Vyas

I'm a Medical Consultant Doctor with a keen interest in Medical bioinformatics and genuinely intriguing way of presenting boring medical knowledge in an enchanting and eye catching way.

Leave a Comment