BV is the short term used for the medical syndrome known as Bacterial Vaginosis. This is a common problem in females, especially ones who have just crossed their teens. The main biological cause is changing hormones and a clash of good and bad bacteria inside the uterus and vagina. This problem goes away naturally in most of the cases but, applying some natural and, easy home remedies give better and hygienic results. The exact cause of this syndrome has not yet been proved as yet. The general cause is when the bad bacteria inside the vagina start giving out more fluid, causing excessive white discharge.
Prepare remedies at home
It is best to treat any ailment or disorder at home with naturally remedies, but, sadly it is not possible in all cases. We should pick up ideas whenever it is possible.
- Apple cider vinegar- In a tub, pour a cup of the vinegar and soak your vagina by sitting on it for at least 15- 20 minutes. This helps in removing the bad bacteria, which cause the infections.
- Yoghurt- You can dip a piece of cotton in yoghurt and apply it inside your vagina. Yoghurt contains good bacteria causing the bad ones to die. Otherwise, you can also eat a cup of yoghurt twice a day for good results.
- Garlic is great for treating bv
- Mix a teaspoon of turmeric in a glass full of milk and drink it every day.
These are very easy
There are quite a number of remedies for gynecological problems to be treated at home. Some more home remedies for bv would be even better.
- Soak a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in a glass of water and strain it in the morning. Drink the water.
- Calendula and margosa have antiseptic qualities. Make paste of these and apply it inside your vagina and let it rest for some time before washing off.
- Small amounts of boric acid and hydrogen peroxide can do wonders.
- Citrus fruits such as grapes and oranges are amazing remedies for any kind of vaginal infections. Make juice of these or, consume it in the whole form for better results.
- Bath and wash your genitals with warm water for good results.
The main causes
Bacterial Vaginosis that causes heavy, white vaginal discharge with fishy smell is caused due to a number of reasons. Some of the very obvious and, common causes are developing intimate and physical relationships with more than one partner, frequent physical interactions with different people, douching, and unhealthy lifestyles such as excessive smoking and, above normal alcohol consumption. Some other important reasons are low hygiene maintenance and low cleanliness.
Take preventive measures
When you start noticing clear symptoms such as grayish white discharge, redness and irritation inside the vagina, burning sensation especially during urination, you need to start taking certain preventive measures. Some very common as well easy ways to stay away from such discomforting syndromes are using cotton lingerie, avoiding physical intimacy with multiple partners, avoiding sugar and alcohol, no smoking, maintaining proper hygiene and cleanliness. Lastly, try to avoid any kind of contraceptive devices since, they cause hormonal changes and irregularity of menstruation cycles.