It is very likely that you are curious about anti-ageing treatment because the fine lines and wrinkles on your face are making you look older. It is perfectly reasonable for anyone to wish for a more youthful appearance to experience many new exciting things. The good thing is there are many non-invasive anti-ageing treatments that can provide you with a youthful look.
How to reduce the signs of ageing skin
- Botulinum toxin therapy – One of the most popular non-surgical method of removing wrinkles and frown lines is Botox or botulinum toxin injections in between the eyebrows and crow’s feet under the eyes. The treatment prevents the muscles on these areas from tightening. The treatment is suggested to people with busy lives because it involves minimal to no downtime.
- Dermabrasion – The treatment solution makes use of a special rotating brush to remove outer layers of skin from small areas of the face to treat wrinkles, age spots, sun damage and uneven texture. After the treatment, a new layer of skin is exposed that appears younger and smoother. However, it is important to talk to your dermatologist before undergoing dermabrasion particularly if you have inflammatory acne, recurrent herpes flare-ups, radiation burns or burn scars.
- Microdermabrasion – This treatment procedure is similar to dermabrasion because it removes the outer layer of the skin. However, instead of the special rotating brush, microdermabrasion uses a special applicator with an abrasive surface to gently sand away the thick outer skin layer and rejuvenate it. Another technique sprays fine particles of aluminium oxide or sodium bicarbonate with a vacuum and suction to accomplish the same results as the abrasive surface. Noticeable results can be expected immediately after the procedure.
- Chemical peel – This aesthetic procedure treats wrinkles, scars and discoloured skin through the use of a chemical solution applied to the skin to remove the outer layers. The skin that grows back is expected to be smoother with a brighter skin tone. The depth of the chemical peel will depend on the skin issues that are being addressed. The different depths include light superficial chemical peel, medium chemical peel and deep chemical peel.
- Laser skin resurfacing – This treatment method is usually suggested to reduce the appearance of minor skin conditions like scars, wrinkles, skin discolouration and blemishes. Laser skin resurfacing must only be performed by cosmetic surgeons and dermatologists who have the training and experience in the procedure.
It is very important to ask questions during the first visit to the aesthetic clinic. The dermatologist will explain different options to treat your skin condition. Always remember that the results of every treatment procedure vary from patient to patient. Knowing what to expect will help you get back to everyday life quickly.
Make sure to choose an aesthetic clinic that can enhance your confidence and subtly improve your natural beauty through medically proven procedures and treatment regimens. Each procedure must be customized and tailored entirely according to your features to boost your natural beauty. Certified and experienced doctors and staff will provide the best services and guarantee the best possible results.