What’s happening with your baby in Week 29?
- Your baby has now reached the weight of 1.02 kilos which translates to about 2.4 pounds. It also stretches at about 10 ½ inches.
- Eyelashes have started to develop which requires additional cholesterol, now being used for brain development.
- From some scientific reports it seems that babies may even start to dream at this point in their life.
- Adrenal glands are now activated, producing a chemical known as estriol. This is basically a variation on estrogen, which motivates prolactin to be produced, stimulating milk production in the breasts.
What’s happening with you in Week 29?
- Urine might leak during some contractions caused by coughing for an example.
- Prolactin which is now higher in its concentration may cause you to take common naps throughout the day.
- Due to higher amount of pressure being applied to your kidneys and all of the necessary tubing, you might be having difficulties emptying your bladder fully.
- With the new hormones kicking in, your breasts may excrete colostrum.
- Increased blood circulation may cause your face to become puffy in the mornings.
Useful information for Week 29
- This is an artificial hormone very similar to the one your body is excreting, motivating labor contractions. In a case where your labor is taking too much time, a good dose of Oxytocin is injected into your blood stream to get the mechanism running.
- Any extra weight suddenly gained may be caused by an excess of fluid in your body which is caused by hormone’s acting up.
Advices for Week 29
- If you’re suffering from constipation, you may want to go swimming or increase your physical activity as this will improve the blood circulation. Just by moving around slightly you might just solve this problem.
During delivery it’s sometimes a good idea to squat down which will open up the pelvis even further. This makes the process itself much easier to deal with and the baby will have more room to get out if there are any complications along the way. You can use your wall to practice this technique.