What’s happening with your baby in Week 20?
- Your baby has now reached length of about 17 centimeters or 6 ½ inches, weighing in at about 250 grams. Your baby is now comparable to a smaller melon.
- Baby’s activity increases exponentially, following on the neuron production. It seems as if he or she acknowledges times of day, being more active in mornings and afternoons, calming down during the night.
- Meconium is a byproduct of baby’s digestion which carries a dark colored tone. It will be absorbed in the baby’s bowels since it becomes a part of the amniotic fluid.
- Legs are stretched more so the baby curls up more. Also, permanent teeth appear behind any teeth which may have been formed before.
What’s happening with you in Week 20?
- This week is special because it marks halfway through your pregnancy. Uterus will reach the navel by this time.
- You may feel stabbing pain in your groin which are just exhausted ligaments responding. Even though the pain is rather uncomfortable and stressful, it’s completely harmless and will stop on its own after a while.
- It’s normal for women to gain 10 pounds until this point.
- If you’re not eating right, you may feel heartburns. These can mess up your sleeping habits and you need to address this as soon as possible with proper dieting and additional support for your bump.
- Your uterus has reached the level of your belly button.
Useful information for Week 20
- Uterus grows regularly now, which needs to be confirmed with a relation between your uterus and the pubic bone. If the measurement is not consistent, your doctor will probably get you ready for an ultrasound exam to eliminate any issues.
Thongs as underwear
- You don’t need to give up on thongs – a lot of studies are showing that it makes no changes whatsoever.
Advice for Week 20
- There is no need to adjust your sleeping position to “make it better for the baby”. It makes no difference whatsoever – sleep the way you’re comfortable.
Your hair may go dry due to hormonal changes. If you’re having oily hair generally, it might get even greasier. Try using an appropriate shampoo to deal with the problem.